Thursday, September 18, 2008

9.17.08 - The Ferry



Today I jumped the N back downtown to take a walk down Wall Street and see where the day took me.

After walking the length of Wall Street, where people were, with good reason, quite unhappy. I ended up by the water.

It was a beautiful day, 75 degrees, partly cloudy, a great day to be walking along the East River.

I ended up at the Staten Island ferry station and decided to take a ride.

The trip across took me right by the Statue of Liberty, which resulted in one of those classic small town kid in the big city moments, filled with a sense of something bigger than yourself.

Cheesy. But awesome, what can I say.

Two photos today, one from the ferry, one from exiting the ferry, lots of fun.

-E

1 comment:

Mary Sue said...

Hi E,

Love your blog. keep it coming, I wait every day to read and see what you are feeling and seeing. have fun this weekend and don't get to bored. Hopefully when you start next week you will meet some people to have a few brews with.
Love, Mom